Human Attention Research
Attention is the concentration of the mind on one of concurrently competing stimuli or thoughts. Selective attention allows us to choose to attend one thing over another, and hence plays a crucial role in selecting and encoding incoming information for later memory retrieval.
- Cognition-Aware Systems as Personal Assistants
- Ubicomp '15: When attention is not scarce - Detecting Boredom from Mobile Phone Usage
- MobileHCI '15: Quantifying Attentiveness towards Mobile Messaging
- MIT Technology Review: Your Smartphone Can Tell If You're Bored
- Large-scale assessment of mobile notifications